It's normal to shed 50-100 hairs a day. More or less depending on the amount of hair you have and what is normal for your body :) You can tell if a hair is shed rather than broken if there is a white bulb on the end of it. Usually, shed hairs are about the length of your hair. Although shedding is healthy and normal for everyone, excessive shedding is something that can turn into a pretty big problem if it goes untreated. Thinning hair, bald patches, and large clumps of hair fall are signs that action needs to take place.
Possible causes of Excess Shedding
* Poor Diet (not eating enough fruits and veggies)
* Not drinking enough water
* High Stress (Count to 5 lol!)
* Hormone fluctuations ( low iron, postpartum shedding, thyroid, blood pressure)
* Medications (Some medicines have hair loss as side effects :( )
* Chemical damage (Relaxers and hair color can cause excessive shedding)
Things that can help minimize Excess Shedding
* Low Stress
* Healthier eating choices
* Staying hydrated
* Black tea rinse
* Garlic treatments (Supplements, shampoos and conditioners)
*Scalp massages help stimulate blood flow to promote growth (Castor oil is a great oils for scalp massages :D )
* Low tension styles/ Less combing and brushing (This way you won't remove hair that isn't ready to be shed yet lol)
*Take your vitamins :)
Check out, Shedding & Breakage (Hair Talk)- NaturalMe4C
Leave a Reply.
Crystal aka Kriss
Hey! I'm Crystal, an energetic married mother of two who is on a journey to become the woman God has meant for me to be. I'm sharing my journey in hopes to inspire others to be comfortable with who they are. Here you will find lots of things ranging from natural hair care, beauty, marriage fun, spirituality, and more!
Remember to be who you are and not the person others think you should be!
Last Relaxer Date:
February 3, 2012
Big Chop Date:
August 5th 2012