SHAMPOOS & CLARIFIERS - I currently shampoo my hair more than in the past. I FINALLY found some products that work!
* Dove Dermacare Anti Dandruff Shampoo Dryness & Itch Relief : This along with the conditioner has been replacing my co-wash sessions. IT WORKS AMAZING FOR ME! It also works better than my tried and true co-washing faves! https://youtu.be/Skwr2M7GL4w https://youtu.be/MEQsVOmKz8c
*Camille Rose Naturals Sweet Ginger Cleansing Rinse Review: (https://youtu.be/xOxtjlDfSdc )
* Dr. Miracles Conditioning Shampoo - Review: https://youtu.be/xOxtjlDfSdc & https://youtu.be/o8ru54-uDFE
* Apple Cider Vinegar rinse (1 part vinegar and 3 parts water) (I don't use the kind with the mother... for some reason it's too strong for my hair.)
* Dove Dermacare Anti Dandruff Conditioner Dryness & Itch Relief: This along with the shampoo has been replacing my co-wash sessions. IT WORKS AMAZING FOR ME! It also works better than my tried and true co-washing faves.
* As I Am Coconut Cowash - $6.99- $7.99 - (Review: https://youtu.be/MPyHsC_SUdM )
* Hot Head Deep Conditioning Heat Cap by: Thermal Hair Care ($29.95) - Review: https://youtu.be/LaE0BHOVWvc
BUTTERS/ TWIST CREAMS/ MOISTURIZERS
* Dr. Adorable Avocado Butter (found on Ebay and amazon.com) - about $10.00 for 8 oz Review: https://youtu.be/P0Xyf4gfvsE
See it in action here: https://youtu.be/7I-Og_c738s https://youtu.be/T0R9ZUJdKzw
* Eden Body Works Curl Defining Creme ($8.99 - $9.99) - Unlike when I first tried it, I have come to absolutely love this product when paired with Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade! (styler)
* Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (styler and moisture)
* Oyin Handmade Boing (styler)
* Oyin Handmade Shine and Define (styler)
* Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie This product now is a hit or miss for me... Seems like the formula consistency varies and it sometimes leaves my hair feeling waxy...
POMADES/ BALMS/ SEALING PRODUCTS/ HAIR GREASE
* Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade ( $4.00 for 1 oz sample $13.99 for 4 oz) Review: https://youtu.be/LzQLoIdu8PY I use this in like every tutorial lol! Works great for shine, moisture, sealing, and softness.
* Pompeian Grapeseed oil (about $8.00 for 24 oz) - I use this as a sealer, and for shine.
* Jane Carter Nourish & Shine - Review: https://youtu.be/DFJcf6CDW38
* Murray's Superior Hair Dressing Pomade: Great for smoothing hairline
GELS/ EDGE CONTROLS/ MOUSSE/ SETTING LOTIONS
* Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel (clear) ($5.00-$6.00)
* Eco Styler Argan Oil Gel (about $5.00 for a HUGE tub!) - This is a strong hold with crunch...but not as much crunch as the olive oil one lol.
See it in action: https://youtu.be/7I-Og_c738s
* CVS After Sun aloe vera gel/ sensitive skin ($2.99) - Has some iffy ingredients. :/ Works fantastic though!
* Eco Natural Curling and Styling Cocktail Regular - Great for smoothing hairline! Not the best for twist outs. See it in action here: https://youtu.be/HG5TiGlnLl0 https://youtu.be/nW9zbE1z-hU
* Shea Moisture Curling Souffle ($9.99 - $10.99) - This product is usually an awesome enhancer for me. It's almost like extensions in a jar because it plumps my fro out so much that it looks like I have more hair! However, this product now is a hit or miss for me... Seems like the formula consistency varies and it sometimes leaves my hair feeling and looking dirty...
See it in action here: https://youtu.be/kzHbshw8Frg https://youtu.be/9yLPFt-KbvY
* Jane Carter Wrap and Roll
* Mielle Organics Edge Gel See it in action here: https://youtu.be/wx0sAQPZU8k
REFRESHERS & MISTS
* Shower steam! Oh yes, a definite must! :)
* Water!!! - Gotta have it!
* Lottabody Love Me 5 In 1 Miracle Styling Creme - multipurpose product - ( I use this as a leave in, moisturizer, and fresher) (No shine)
* Oyin Handmade Juices and Berries
* Jane Carter Quench
SILICONE SERUMS & SPRAYS - I use these for added slip and protection on my strands. HUGE help for my wash and gos!
* FANSTASIA IC Hair Polisher Daily Treatment (clear serum) - Amazing slip, shine, and protection. Allows my hair strands to slide past each other without friction and strain. Causes some frizz and shrinkage.
* BigSexyHair Push Up
OILS & OIL SHEEN
MY CURRENT OIL MIX: Grapeseed oil, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, lavender oil, & cedar wood atlas oil.
* Peppermint oil (under $10.00) - I currently use this in my mix for itchy scalp and hair regrowth
* Pompeian Grapeseed oil (about $8.00 for 24 oz) - I currently use this as a step in my moisturizing routine, shine, deep conditioning at times, preventing frizz, sealer, etc. This is currently my FAVORITE oil.
* Rosemary Oil - currently I use this in my mix for itchy scalp and hair regrowth
* Tea Tree Oil - I currently use this in my mix for itchy scalp & hair regrowth
* Lavender Essential Oil - I currently use this to soothe the scalp and for hair regrowth
* Cedarwood oil (Atlas) - I currently use this for hair regrowth
* Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil - I was using this on my scalp after washing my hair to help with regrowth, shedding, and dry scalp/sensitivity from my iron deficiency anemia recovery. However, in colder weather it makes my hair feel dry/hard.
* Madam CJ Walker JBCO Castor oil - I use this for dry scalp at times
*ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray
*Prices above are estimates and may vary depending on location