I have had problems with my skin for as long as I can remember. I have combination oily skin that drives me crazy!!!!! I tend to get oily on my cheeks and forehead and very dry around my mouth. Over the years I have had MANY breakouts. Now, I usually get breakouts around the same time of month, as if I need anything else frustrating going on in addition to mood swings lol! (You know what I'm talking about ladies!)
Well, on top of the acne scars, (some of which have been around since my teens, I have always had hyperpigmentation around my mouth. I have tried soo many things( fade creams, scrubs, lemon juice, tea bags, day creams, night creams, sunscreens etc) to even it out with the rest of my skin, that I eventually just gave up on it lol. But honestly, I'm very self conscious about it and it's the main reason I choose to wear Revlon Colorstay. That makeup has been a major help with controlling my oil throughout the day and works awesome to even my skin tone out while looking natural. Since I started using Revlon Colorstay, I don't have those what seemed liked daily breakouts anymore. :)
I recently decided to research safe and effective ways even out my skin tone again and have found that baking soda and oatmeal are awesome with helping with uneven skin tones. These actually are two things that I have always sprinkled in my regimen through the years, here and there, whenever I felt like my skin needed a boost, but I have never tried to do daily treatments. Oatmael is a naturally great for brightening the skin and getting rid of excess oil. Baking soda is great for exfoliating and evening the skin tone and texture.
What I have been doing this past month at night is:
1. Use coconut oil to remove my makeup
2. Use Viva paper towel to remove excess oils from my skin
3. Cleanse with Cetaphil Daily Facial cleanser mixed with a little bit of baking soda
4. Blot my face dry with a towel
5. Tone my skin
6. Moisturize with avocado butter (maybe a little shea butter on really dark spots on my face lol)
What I have been doing in the morning in the shower is:
1. I wet my face with warm water and apply ground up oatmael mixed with a little water, to my entire face. I let it sit while I do what I gotta do in the shower lol
2. After I'm done washing lol, I rinse the oatmeal off of my face and cleanse with Cetaphil.
3. I dry my face dry with a towel, and use a toner (usually witch hazel) around the areas I'm trying to even out.
4. Last, I moisturize my skin with GNC vitamin C cream (and very little avocado butter only around my mouth)
5. Do my makeup :)
I have noticed an awesome change in my skin so far, so I'm happy about that. It looks brighter and less oily :) My "newer" dark spots that usually take forever to start fading are disappearing faster :) So far soo good!!
Note: Since baking soda can be a little harsh, I don't scrub too hard or use too much. It can irritate your skin. Oatmeal is great for removing oil so it may cause a little dryness to the skin. I have been a little drier around my mouth since doing these steps, but it is easily fixed by using a little avocado butter on the drier areas :)
I will be sticking with these newly added steps for awhile to see how my skin responds. Hopefully I'll have a more even skin tone soon. Have a blessed day!!!
My skin with no foundation or concealer
Crystal aka Kriss :)
Hey! I'm Crystal, an energetic married mother of two who is on a journey to become the woman God has meant for me to be. I'm sharing my journey in hopes to inspire others to be comfortable with who they are. Here you will find lots of things ranging from natural hair care, beauty, marriage life, spirituality, and random fun stuff lol.
Remember to be who you are and not the person others think you should be!
Last Relaxer Date:
February 3, 2012
Big Chop Date:
August 5th 2012