* Moisturized hair is a must for great twistouts/braidouts.
* Be sure to use a product with " hold" for long lasting results. (Gels are great options.)
* Be sure to use the proper size twists or braids for the style you are trying to achieve.
( large twists= fuller fro with little definition) (small twists= very tight and defined fro)
* When unraveling braids/twists out, be careful not to unravel them too much on the first day. This will prevent frizz and loss of definition.
Night Care Tips
* Moisturize your hair if needed.
* Re-braiding/re-twisting is a great way to prolong your style. (However, keep in mind that your hair may not look the same as day one. LOL)
* Protect your hair with a satin bonnet, satin scarf, or satin pillowcase at night.
* Using the steam from a shower is a great way to revamp your style. This is fantastic if you opted not to re-twist/re-braid your hair.
* Style your hair in ways that compliment whatever "shape" your hair has taken on for the day. LOL (I've been amazed by how many ways my hair has molded and smushed from a night's rest! LOL)
* Don't fight the fro! Don't be alarmed if you wake up to a twistout/braidout with very little definition. In this case, just "Fro and Go" or "Puff and Go"! LOL
* Add product to your hair only when necessary.
* Try using accessories to play up your style.
Crystal aka Kriss :)
Hey! I'm Crystal, an energetic married mother of two who is on a journey to become the woman God has meant for me to be. I'm sharing my journey in hopes to inspire others to be comfortable with who they are. Here you will find lots of things ranging from natural hair care, beauty, marriage life, spirituality, and random fun stuff lol.
Remember to be who you are and not the person others think you should be!
Last Relaxer Date:
February 3, 2012
Big Chop Date:
August 5th 2012